Registration to the symposium is now closed.
Due to the corona virus the ASLA symposium has moved online.
Some program explanations:
- Thursday starts with digital arrival at 8.30-9.15 am. Enter the Zoom room and present yourself to the organisers.
- Before the start of each session, 15 minutes are scheduled for digital equipment tests for the speakers in the upcoming session.
- Every regular talk is 15 minutes long, followed by discussion. There will be a short break in the middle of each session.
- Zoom spaces for mingling are available during the two lunches and during the Thursday afternoon break. Take the opportunity to talk to other ASLA participants!
- Any last-minute changes will be announced using email.
- Use email@example.com to contact the organisers.
We hope to encourage participation and interactivity:
- Each session is 1.5 hours and consists of four talks. We would like to encourage everyone – speakers and audience – to participate in complete sessions (start and end times are given for whole sessions in the program but not for individual talks) and to be active listeners prepared to contribute to the discussion after each talk.
- The sessions are thematically organised to the greatest extent possible, so that speakers will benefit from discussing the other talks in the session.
- Each individual talk is 15 minutes, to allow more time for discussions and to increase our chances of staying focused during the two days of digital conferencing.
The biennial symposium of the Swedish Association of Applied Linguistics (ASLA) will take place on 23–24 April 2020, at University of Gothenburg.
The conference will start 08:30 on the 23rd and end 16:00 on the 24th.
The theme of the 2020 symposium is Language diversity, which should be interpreted in a broad and creative sense. The symposium also welcomes submissions in other areas of applied linguistics.
To see the Plenary speakers, follow the link below:
Apart from paper presentations and plenary talks the symposium will also include a panel discussion about language diversity and outreach.
The conference languages are Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and English.
|3 September 2019||Web-based system for abstracts opens|
|1 November 2019||Deadline for abstract submission – closed|
|18 December 2019||Notification of acceptance|
|18 December 2019||Registration opens|
|23–24 April 2020||ASLA symposium|
A warm welcome to the ASLA symposium!
Stina and the Gothenburg organising committee